I get requests from visitors to Tenerife about legal graffiti walls to paint on while here. I’d love to be able to tell you about legal walls in Tenerife, but so far I’ve gotten no information from the City Halls. The upside is that things are fairly relaxed — I’m sure if you go somewhere rural, you can find a ruined building where no one will bother you.
As far as I know, Ferreteria Redisa in Puerta de la Cruz has the best selection of spraypaints in Tenerife (Montana, etc.).
The following list is essentially everything that is marked in orange (big collections) or red (ruins) on my map, so just head to those markers and you’ll probably find a good place:
- If you’re based in the south: the leper colony built in the 1940s in Abades is a great choice: 28.14541, -16.44002. I would love to see the leper colony covered in murals. (Copy/paste these coordinates into my google map at goo.gl/oHiQDS and you’ll find more notes on the location.)
- If you’re near Santa Cruz, the Parque de Ofra has a whole lot of good wall space. I would like to see the City Hall declare this park as a legal space to paint: 28.4617, -16.29072
- This is a old reservoir near Puerto de la Cruz where a lot of people go to develop their painting skills: 28.40604, -16.53851
- I read in an article that this wall in downtown Santa Cruz is legal — the only legal wall space in Tenerife that I know of: 28.46435, -16.24821
- If you’re based in the north: the abandoned Hotel Neptuno near Bajamar is a stunning setting, though I’m told in 2020 that there is now a guard there: 28.55586, -16.33938