We have mapped our favorite street art in Tenerife, so get out your cell phone and take a tag tour of Puerto de la Cruz, Santa Cruz, La Laguna, wherever you’d like to explore.
Errors or omissions? Click to contact us.
A revolution is taking place in the world of art, out of the museums and into our streets, in full color.
Visitors to Tenerife: Thanks for using this map. As of 2022, the map has had 50,000 visitors. That interest helps encourage City Halls to support more street art.
Residents in Tenerife: If you own a wall, put a work of art on it. It may not cost much more than the price of the paint. See the artists page. If you know the owner of a very visible wall, ask them if they would agree to having it painted, then contact us and we’ll see if we can find an artist to paint it.
About our map:
- We haven’t shown the artwork, to keep it a surprise. If you want to see photos of some of the street art in Tenerife, see this link.
- If a work you like has not been included (or you see an error), please add it to the map (it’s shared) or just let us know (please include the location).
- The selection is subjective. Our goal is not to map as much street art as possible, only the art that we really like.
- We have not included art that is an advertisement, or where the sponsor has taken a heavy hand in the subject matter. (City Halls in Tenerife are big on historical “guanche” themes.)
- In general, we have not included outdoor sculptures. Our focus is on new forms of imbuing cities with art, rather than traditional methods of city beautification.